Last Updated: February 1, 2023
When you use any part of the Promise Guru Service, including by browsing the Site, you are consenting to the collection, transfer, storage, disclosure and other uses of your information as described in this Policy. This Policy does not apply to websites that post different statements or to any third parties or any websites that might be linked to our online services or products.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please refer to the Contact Information section of this Policy for information on how to contact us.
This Policy applies to information collected about you by Promise Guru. As used herein, “Personal Information” means information that personally identifies or can be associated with you, such as your name, email address, shipping and billing address, phone number or credit card number, and “Non-Personal Information” means information that relates to you but does not directly identify you. “Information” is collectively used herein to refer to both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
What We Collect
We collect Information about you in a variety of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your Personal Information as well as other Information you directly give us on our Site or through other ways in which you engage with us in using the Promise Guru Service. For example, some of the places we collect Personal Information are when you order, purchase, or register or activate a product, register to receive communications from us, create an online account, request or subscribe to catalogues, product information, promotions or other communications from us, contact or communicate with us, participate in surveys, enter contests or promotions, submit a product review, testimonial, comment, suggestion, or other content to us, access or use our pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, or otherwise interact with us online or by phone, mail, fax, or in person.
Information We Get From Others. We may collect Information about you from other sources. For example, if you access our website through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., through Facebook), such third-party may pass certain Information about your use of its service to us. We may also receive Information about you from third parties such as our business partners and service providers. We may add this to Information we collect from your use of the Promise Guru Service.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log Information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. That Information may be linked to your email address if you provide it to us.
Promise Nutritionals, Inc. uses WooCommerce as its main e-commerce platform. WooCommerce utilizes cart cookies to track cart state, and events for recording checkout started abandoned checkout.
When you use the Promise Guru Services via a mobile device and when you use the Promise Guru device itself, we and our third-party service providers may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store information regarding you and/or your mobile device or the Promise Guru device itself, as well as real-time “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates.
Log file information may be automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the website.
When you use the Promise Guru Service, we and our third-party service providers may employ web beacons (also known as clear gifs or action tags) that are used to anonymously track your online usage patterns. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads after you visit our website who also may separately use tracking tools, including cookies, in the course of delivering targeted advertisements.
Cookies. We may log Information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of Information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Use of Personal Information
We use your Information for a variety of purposes, including:
- We use your Information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your Information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- We use your Information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your Information to send information to customers, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to customize and personalize your use of our products, such as displaying a customized recommended dietary allowance nutrition table based on your Information.
- We use your Information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners and for other marketing purposes.
- We use your Information to link or combine user information with other Information.
- We use your Information to provide our products to customers; respond to customers’ requests, comments or postings; process returns, refunds and exchanges; and to process and manage customers’ accounts.
- We use your Information for internal operations such as enhancing our product offerings, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis.
- We use your Information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process.
- We use your Information to provide and deliver products and services to customers.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share Personal Information as follows:
- We may share Personal Information with your consent. For example, you may let us share Personal Information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies. The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
- We may share Personal Information with third-party business partners in connection with our website, product sales and fulfillment, and for marketing purposes.
- We may share Personal Information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share Personal Information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information to protect against fraud.
- We may share information for risk management purposes.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us. For example, we may share Personal Information with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including order fulfillment, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, marketing research and analysis, communications, and customer service.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Information Choices and Changes
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about Personal Information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your Personal Information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences or visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org for more information. To change your preferences for cookies used by third-party ad serving companies, visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user password and account login information. We encourage you to set a secure password that is difficult for others to guess, and change your password on a regular basis to help ensure your account remains secure.
In the event any Personal Information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other action in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
Our online services and communications may contain links to other websites and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest (“Linked Sites”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices, policies, or content of any Linked Sites, even if you link to them from our website or communications. This Policy does not apply to any Linked Sites. We have no control over the collection or use of Information, including Personal Information, on any Linked Sites. We encourage you to read and understand the privacy practices of any Linked Sites that you visit.
Users from Outside the United States
The Promise Guru Service is provided and operated from within the United States and is subject to the applicable state and federal laws of the United States. If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that your Information is being transferred to and stored in the United States. Our online services and the terms of this Policy may or may not comply with foreign law, so if you do not agree with this, please do not use our online services.
California Resident’s Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us as provided below in the Contact Information section. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
California’s Do Not Track Notice: At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, like many other websites and online services, our Online Services are currently unable to respond to Do Not Track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track”, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
The Promise Guru Service is intended for use only by persons 18 years of age or older. By using the Promise Guru Service, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age. In addition, we do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please contact us as provided below in the Contact Information section if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent.
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your Personal Information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your Personal Information, please notify us as provided below in the Contact Information section.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may contact us at [email protected] or at our mailing address:
Promise Nutritionals, Inc.
609 Deep Valley Drive,
Rolling Hills, CA 90274
Attn: General Counsel
We may change this Policy. If we make any changes, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. Please check our Policy periodically to see if it has been updated. By continuing to use the Promise Guru Service, order products, provide us information, or otherwise interact with us thereafter, you agree to accept such changes to this Policy.